Dr. Chris Atherton and I will be premiering our exciting interdisciplinary presentation on “Pattern recognition for technical communicators” at the TCUK conference near Oxford next week. You can find the session abstract on the conference web site or review my previous post.
Join us for a fun whirlwind tour through human perception and find out how you can apply pattern recognition:
- Make sense of unknown subject matter
- Overcome tech writer’s block and start writing
- Chunk topics and find reuse opportunities
- Help your readers to
- Orient themselves in your documentation
- Grasp individual topics quickly
- Get the most out of navigation aids
Extra bonus! You’ll learn about apophenia, a concept that gives you something to talk about at cocktail parties and ranks high on most international geek scales… 😉
No previous experience required! If you’re at the conference and can get yourself into the right room on Thursday, September 22, at 10 o’clock, you have all the tools on-board that you need!
Next week I’ll be blogging from the conference, so watch this space…